- Documentary Center of BNU
- China Art Education Institute of Beijing Normal University
- China Film and Television Music Center
- New Media Image Research Center of BNU
- Beijing Youth Create Film and Television Center
- Laban Research Center of China
- BNU Asia &Chinese Language Cinema Research Center
- Effects of Communication Laboratory of BNU
New Media Image Research Center of BNU
Based on digital technology and the internet, the new media, as the communication platform, has integrated the traditional image media of film and television, leading to a significant change in the consumption pattern of video production and communication.
New Media Image Research Center of BNU makes full use of the University's strong humanities background and its unique advantages of the interdisciplinary nature, and unites experts and scholars from fellow universities and research institutions at home and abroad, as well as elites of the Internet and film and television media to build a research team for new media image.
The center was established in October 2014, there are 5 core members currently, 23 invited and outsourced experts, 28 researchers. The director of the center is Professor Chen Xiaoyun, and the deputy director is Professor Zhang Zhihua.
As a forward-looking, academic, practical, and comprehensive research institution, the Center is committed to be an platform for integration between traditional image research and emerging multimedia communication. By systematically investigating the development of new media images, as well as studying the production, dissemination and consumption mechanisms of new media images, this center is aimed at providing the heoretical and technical support for developing new media image.
1. Be aware of the current frontline. Hold exhibition and forum every one/two year, and hold lectures and salons from time to time to expand cutting-edge and intersecting dialogues between the industry and academia.
2. Strengthen international academic and technical communications, participate in project planning and evaluation in the industry, and devote to the talents training of new media image creation, operation and research.
3. Promote cooperation with video websites and film and television organizations, and try to develop the "production, study and research" trinity model, and provide consulting reference and theoretical support for the production and dissemination of new new media images.
4. Enriching the traditional film and television history theory teaching by using practice results to feed the teaching content of theater and film and television studies